For customers, you can contact your merchant to ask for explanation.
For merchants, you can see the reason why a transaction is denied/ challenged using our portal. Below are the steps:
- Open your portal,
- Click Transactions menu,
- Click on the Order ID of the transaction you need to investigate,
- You can see the reason by clicking 'See Why' on the top (highlight in red color),
- However, if the transaction is already settled, you may not see the information.
The reason why a transaction is denied/ challenged could be many things, for example:
- Rejected by the 3DS system (wrong token, time out, etc.)
- Rejected by Midtrans' FDS (suspicious transaction leads to Fraud)
- Rejected by Bank (insufficient funds, wrong data, etc.)
- Other reasons
You can always contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for more information regarding transaction(s).